We have adopted the following protocol listed below to help prevent the transmission of the coronavirus until a vaccine is available. These are directives from our regulatary body the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
Our aim is to keep you safe during your treatment.
- Prior to your appointment you will be asked questions over the telephone to screen for any possible exposure to the coronavirus.
- You must wear a face mask on entering the office. If you require a family member’s assistance, they will have to wear a face mask. The face mask can be home made.
If you choose not to wear a face mask, we will refuse to provide you with treatment.
- You will have to use hand sanitizer on entering and leaving the clinic.
- You will be immediately directed into the treatment room.
- We have installed a Plexiglas screen guard at the reception desk to maintain social distancing.
- There will be minimal waiting in the reception area. Your family member or care giver will have to wait in the car. The only exception is for minors where the parent or guardian can be present (the parent or guardian must wear a face mask)
- Once your treatment is finished, we will direct you the front desk for payment. We have changed to a point of sale tap terminal for non touch payment.
- The chiropodists will be wearing face masks and full-face shields/eye shields to protect you from the virus.